- Nike is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories and services. Nike designs, develops, and sells high-quality athletic performance gear and sport-inspired lifestyle products. This includes footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
2. Nike’s latest success is rising to a share of nearly 60 percent of the US market for trainers just last year. Nike has also recently released many products, those include ‘championship’ version of LeBron James shoe, new UCF Nike football uniforms, and even has teamed up with Krispy Kreme to create a new shoe collection. A struggle Nike has faced recently is a very low supply in stock since April
Criminal Offenses –
- Refusal to sign “Accord of Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh”
How They Act Today – Old Navy still is yet to sign the “Fire Safety Accord” agreement.
Criminal Offenses –
- Violations of Clean Water Act
- Reduced waste-water discharges
- Violations of Toxic Substances Control Act
- Misdemeanor criminal violations of California law
- Violations of Clean Air Act through sulfur dioxide emissions
- Bypassing a wastewater treatment system that resulted in toxic releases
- Contamination of ground water in California by the carcinogenic gasoline additive MTBE
- Environmental damage caused by leaks in pipes used to transport oil
- Excessive airborne emissions
- Civil charges for a spill of more than 100,000 gallons
- Fined $1.5 million
- Fined $1 million
- Fined $500,000
- Fined $17 million
- Fined $700,000
- Fined $1.1 million
- Fined $540,000
- Fined $7 million
- Fined $750,000
- Fined $422 million
How They Act Today – Most recently, Chevron faces a potential litigation catastrophe over its $10 billion “Amazon Chernobyl” pollution liability. CEO John Watson over the past few years has failed to derail the case despite an estimated $2 billion in costs to the company and has created even more severe test for the oil giant in the coming year.
- Vancity Community Foundation (VCF) is a non-profit business created to help gather together community resources. Blue Shore Financial (BSF) is a not-for-profit business offering a wide range of banking, borrowing, wealth managment, insurance and business solutions.